One of the UK’s top innovative house builders.
Let’s talk business…
It’s fair to say that the housing market has undergone major change over the last few years. To navigate successfully through this period, our client needed outstanding leadership and a focused strategy to drive fresh investment.
Working with our client’s Board members we carried out a detailed review of the company’s short and medium-term plans and objectives. From there we established a talent management strategy to map out a clear way forward for the Group and its team of Regional Boards. From this in-depth review, it became clear that there were three aspects to the project.
- We needed to address any single points of failure across all the Director-level population
- We needed to create a group-wide culture of collaborative and matrix working
- We needed to improve the bench strength of the senior talent across the business.
This scope was discussed at Main Board level and agreement given that these were the critical business issues that needed to support the commercial growth strategies of the business.
Our next step involved running a series of business strategy sessions for the Chief Operating Officer, Regional Managing Directors and Group Directors. As a result of these sessions, we created a plan to achieve the company-wide culture upon which the structure, style and framework of the organisation would be based.
As part of the development of this culture, we designed and delivered a modular leadership development programme for all Directors. This included psychometric testing and feedback in areas such as emotional intelligence, leadership derailers, critical thinking, team functioning and motivation and support through one-to-one coaching and mentoring. Moving through the business, we then ran a ‘one-level down’ programme for the Directors’ direct reports. This gave all senior executives a common language and the competence to improve their own performance and dynamics, as well as those of their teams and the various companies in the Group.
Finally, we then facilitated Regional Board strategy sessions to help embed the knowledge, skills and behaviours acquired by leaders into each of the regional companies.
pitchblue’s positive impact on the organisation means our client now has:
- Delivered its business plan and attracted the fresh investment to allow the organisation to grow.
- A culture with a core set of supporting values that are becoming commonplace across the business, enhancing working relationships and overall performance.
- Regional business plans that are accurate, deliverable and sustainable.
- Directors with deeper knowledge of their roles, which in turn has boosted personal awareness, emotional intelligence and their ability to lead.
- Directors who are highly aware of individual and team motivation, and managers who are skilled in motivating and influencing others.
- Heightened strategic thinking capability, with leaders empowered to make critical business decisions.